Cottage Cheese Pancakes
(makes about 3 medium-sized pancakes)
1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cottage cheese (I used nonfat)
1/3 cup milk (I used almond)
1/2 tsp vanilla
olive oil or baking spray
1. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in one bowl.
2. Combine cottage cheese, milk, vanilla, and egg in another/
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix well.
4. Coat skillet with olive oil or baking spray.
5. Scoop about a third of the batter onto the skillet, making a round shape.
6. Let cook for about a minute and a half, then flip to cook other side for about a minute.
7. Top with cinnamon, syrup, fruit, peanut butter, etc and enjoy!
Topping with lots of syrup was super yummy. Love the combination of sweet and salty! Next time, I think I'll add some mashed bananas or blueberries to the mix. Or perhaps go with savory pancakes and use some onions or scallions. The possibilities are endless!